NEF to JPG converter
OnlineConvertFree converts your images for free. Convert your nef to jpg online with no software to install.
How to convert nef to jpg?
Convert nef to jpg
Download your jpg-file
NEF (Nikon Electronic Format) refers to a Nikon raw image file that contains unprocessed data. They are referred to as raw files because the image is yet to be processed and isn’t ready for printing or editing using bitmap editors. NEF files are generated by Nikon digital cameras, but raw formats can also be produced by a wide range of image scanners, including motion picture film scanners. It is vital to learn how to convert NEF to JPG> and other standard file formats since raw files cannot be printed.
How to open
To open NEF, you need the right codec pack, which you can download and install to your system. If NEF files don’t open on your computer, you’ll need to install photo/graphics tools and software that allows you to open and edit raw formats. Here’s an overview of three software applications you can install to open NEF files. These applications also suit those looking for how to convert NEF to JPG.
- Adobe Photoshop – Photoshop is probably one of the best graphics software in the market. It is a paid application but features a free trial. The program opens NEF and many other raw file formats.
- Able RAWer – This is free software you can use to view and edit raw files taken with digital cameras. It supports a range of raw formats and opens files from all Nikon cameras.
- GIMP – GNU Image manipulator Program is a free and open-source program available for various operating systems. It provides a sophisticated graphics editing tool and opens different raw formats, including NEF.
What is JPG?
JPG is a lossy file format for digital images developed by Joint Photographic Experts Group back in 1992. The format was designed to allow sharing of larger image files. Converting files to JPG offers a trade-off between size and quality because of adjustable compression. However, JPG files are often smaller and conversions have obvious quality loss. Nonetheless, the files have various advantages and are used in different projects, which is why most designers look for how to convert NEF to JPG.
Reasons to convert
There are many reasons for converting NEF files to JPG. It all depends on your project. Here are the top reasons to convert your files from the raw NEF format to JPG.
- Reduce Size – JPG formats are generally smaller and crop some elements of the file to provide a significantly reduced size.
- Easy Editing – NEF files require special codecs or software. A NEF converter will help you change it to a format suitable for your application.
- Printing – You can’t print NEF files, so you’ll need to convert them to a format that can be printed.
How to convert NEF to JPG with the help of OnlineConvertFree
You can use a file converter to change the raw format to any other type you want. Here’s how to convert NEF to JPG using onlineconvertfree.com.
- Open File Converter - Visit onlineconvertfree.com and select the Image Converter by hovering your cursor on the ‘Convert to’ menu. A drop-down list will appear with different options.
- Upload Your Image – You can drag and drop the NEF image directly on the blue space provided or click on ‘CHOOSE FILE’ and select the image from your computer or phone.
- Convert The Image – Once your image is uploaded, click on the arrow next to the ‘to’ button and select JPG. You can also search for JPG using the search tab provided. Next, click on ‘CONVERT’.
- Download JPG Image – A download button will appear once the conversion process is complete. It should take a few seconds to complete, depending on the file size. Click on download to get your JPG image.
Benefits of using OnlineConvertFree converting NEF to JPG
OnlineConvertFree is a simple platform you can use whenever you need a reliable NEF converter. It also converts various other file formats. Here are some of the top benefits of using the platform.
- Fast Conversions – The program is swift and allows you to convert multiple files within a few seconds.
- Free Converter – The NEF converter on onlineconvertfree.com is free to use and doesn’t require any subscriptions or premiums.
- Reliable – OnlineConverFree offers a reliable choice when looking for how to convert NEF to JPG. You’ll still get high-quality images.
- Instant Access – The tool offers instant access and users don’t need a download or installation. It is an online service accessible anytime, anywhere.
Other file formats to convert NEF to
NEF files are raw formats you’ll need to convert before you begin editing and printing your images. In addition to JPG, you can use the NEF converter to produce the following image formats.
- PNG – Refers to portable network graphics format that offers clear (partially transparent) images and lossless data compression.
- GIF – The graphics interchange format is a bitmap image format released in 1987. It is mainly used for logos and sharp images.
- AI – Refers to a file format created using Adobe systems. AI (Adobe Illustrator) files are vector-based graphics housed on a single page.
- BMP – A bitmap image developed by Microsoft Corporation. It offers alpha channels support, multiple color profiles and depth, and optimal data compression.
- CGM – The computer graphics metafile format refers to a group of free and open international standard files used for raster graphics, 2D vector graphics, and text.