JPG to TIFF converter
OnlineConvertFree converts your images for free. Convert your jpg to tiff online with no software to install.
How to convert jpg to tiff?
Convert jpg to tiff
Download your tiff-file
What is JPG?
JPG is one of the most popular image file formats you’ll encounter as a graphics designer. It is a lossy format that can compress to save storage. However, the reduction also results in lower quality output. JPG files are ideal for basic tasks and general web use. They take less storage space and are compatible with all major graphic editors. Nonetheless, the format comes with various drawbacks and some projects may warrant converting JPG to TIFF or other formats.
What is TIFF?
TIFF is an acronym for tagger image file format. TIFF extensions are highly secure and allow users to source more information about the image before opening. The extension stores various metadata and is commonly used to transport color and gray-scale digital images to page layout applications. TIFF files also tend to be large and don’t suit web applications but can be compressed without losing quality. They offer files of very high quality.
There are different reasons why you may want to convert JPG to TIFF, depending on your project and intentions. Here are common reasons for such a conversion.
- Security Reasons – The prime reason for converting JPG to TIFF has to do with security. You can evaluate TIFF extensions without opening the image.
- Lossless Compression – You can convert JPG to TIFF to avoid losing pixel and image quality during compression.
- Image Transporting – TIFF extensions are vital in transporting some images into page layout applications.
How to convert JPG to TIFF at OnlineConvertFree
Converting JPG to TIFF is much easier using an online platform like OnlineConvertFree. Below are the steps needed to complete swift conversion of JPG files to tagged image formats anywhere, anytime.
- Open Converter – Visit onlineconvertfree.com and hover the cursor on ‘Convert to’ then select ‘Image converter’ from the dropdown list that appears to launch the converter.
- Upload Image – Click on ‘Choose File’ or drag and drop the JPG image you want to convert directly on the blue upload space provided on the new window from step 1.
- Convert Image – Locate the small down-facing arrow next to the ‘to’ feature and choose TIFF as the format. If it doesn’t exist in the shortlist, type it manually on the search box.
- Download Image – Click convert and wait a few seconds for the program to finish converting the JPG to TIFF. When finished, click on download to save your new TIFF file.
Benefits of using OnlineConvertFree when converting JPG to TIFF
OnlineConvertFree is one of many online tools you can use to convert JPG to TIFF. Here are four main benefits of using the tool for all your file conversions.
- A Free Service – You can convert as many files as you wish for free. No premium is needed.
- Online Conversion – The platform offers online file conversion tools. No download or installation is necessary.
- Simple Process – To convert formats, simply upload a file, select the extension type, convert, and download your image.
- Mobile-Friendly – You can convert files on the go, using your mobile browser.
How to convert JPG to TIFF on Windows
Converting JPG files to the TIFF extension on Windows is an effortless process that takes a few minutes. Here are the steps required to complete JPG/TIFF conversions on PC.
- Launch Paint – Open the paint application by clicking on the start icon and selecting the app from the list. You can also type paint on the search bar to locate it.
- Open Image – Once on paint, click on File then Open to open your JPG image. You can bypass the first step by right-clicking the image and opening it with Paint.
- Save as TIFF – Click on File then Save As. On the save window, change the extension to TIFF from the list of options and give the file your preferred name.
How to convert JPG to TIFF on Mac
You can complete JPG to TIFF conversions on Mac using stock applications. The process is quite similar to using Windows and includes basic steps as shown below.
- Open Image in Preview – You can launch Preview from the dock and use the FILE>OPEN functions to find your image. Alternatively, you can double click on the image and it will open in Preview.
- Save As TIFF – Once the image is on Preview, click on Save As (or Export if you are using an older Mac). Next, select the TIFF extension, name the image and save your file.