JPG to TIFF converter
OnlineConvertFree provides free image conversion services without requiring any software installation. Easily convert your jpg files to tiff or any other format with just a few clicks.
Converting your jpg file to tiff is easy with these steps.
Converting your tiff file to jpg is easy with these steps.
Select «to tiff»
Download your tiff file
What is JPG?
JPG is one of the most popular image file formats you’ll encounter as a graphics designer. It is a lossy format that can compress to save storage. However, the reduction also results in lower quality output. JPG files are ideal for basic tasks and general web use. They take less storage space and are compatible with all major graphic editors. Nonetheless, the format comes with various drawbacks and some projects may warrant converting JPG to TIFF or other formats.
What is TIFF?
TIFF is an acronym for tagger image file format. TIFF extensions are highly secure and allow users to source more information about the image before opening. The extension stores various metadata and is commonly used to transport color and gray-scale digital images to page layout applications. TIFF files also tend to be large and don’t suit web applications but can be compressed without losing quality. They offer files of very high quality.
There are different reasons why you may want to convert JPG to TIFF, depending on your project and intentions. Here are common reasons for such a conversion.
- Security Reasons – The prime reason for converting JPG to TIFF has to do with security. You can evaluate TIFF extensions without opening the image.
- Lossless Compression – You can convert JPG to TIFF to avoid losing pixel and image quality during compression.
- Image Transporting – TIFF extensions are vital in transporting some images into page layout applications.
How to convert JPG to TIFF at OnlineConvertFree
Converting JPG to TIFF is much easier using an online platform like OnlineConvertFree. Below are the steps needed to complete swift conversion of JPG files to tagged image formats anywhere, anytime.
- Open Converter – Visit onlineconvertfree.com and hover the cursor on ‘Convert to’ then select ‘Image converter’ from the dropdown list that appears to launch the converter.
- Upload Image – Click on ‘Choose File’ or drag and drop the JPG image you want to convert directly on the blue upload space provided on the new window from step 1.
- Convert Image – Locate the small down-facing arrow next to the ‘to’ feature and choose TIFF as the format. If it doesn’t exist in the shortlist, type it manually on the search box.
- Download Image – Click convert and wait a few seconds for the program to finish converting the JPG to TIFF. When finished, click on download to save your new TIFF file.
Benefits of using OnlineConvertFree when converting JPG to TIFF
OnlineConvertFree is one of many online tools you can use to convert JPG to TIFF. Here are four main benefits of using the tool for all your file conversions.
- A Free Service – You can convert as many files as you wish for free. No premium is needed.
- Online Conversion – The platform offers online file conversion tools. No download or installation is necessary.
- Simple Process – To convert formats, simply upload a file, select the extension type, convert, and download your image.
- Mobile-Friendly – You can convert files on the go, using your mobile browser.
How to convert JPG to TIFF on Windows
Converting JPG files to the TIFF extension on Windows is an effortless process that takes a few minutes. Here are the steps required to complete JPG/TIFF conversions on PC.
- Launch Paint – Open the paint application by clicking on the start icon and selecting the app from the list. You can also type paint on the search bar to locate it.
- Open Image – Once on paint, click on File then Open to open your JPG image. You can bypass the first step by right-clicking the image and opening it with Paint.
- Save as TIFF – Click on File then Save As. On the save window, change the extension to TIFF from the list of options and give the file your preferred name.
How to convert JPG to TIFF on Mac
You can complete JPG to TIFF conversions on Mac using stock applications. The process is quite similar to using Windows and includes basic steps as shown below.
- Open Image in Preview – You can launch Preview from the dock and use the FILE>OPEN functions to find your image. Alternatively, you can double click on the image and it will open in Preview.
- Save As TIFF – Once the image is on Preview, click on Save As (or Export if you are using an older Mac). Next, select the TIFF extension, name the image and save your file.
Converting jpg to tiff
Joint Photographic Experts Group JFIF format
🔵 Microsoft Windows Photo Gallery Viewer
🔵 Adobe Photoshop
🔵 Adobe Suite
🔵 Apple Preview
🔵 Corel Paint Shop Pro
🔵 Most web browsers
|Description||🔵 JPG – is a popular graphic format characterized by a high image compression rate, which leads to a decrease in image quality. It uses the technology of encoding smooth color renditions, providing the ability to frequently reduce the amount of data during the image's recording. Because of the small size, it is requested by the owners of websites, allowing you to save the traffic effectively. It is also frequently used in memory cards of digital video cameras. The JPG algorithm is optimally suitable for compressing photographs and pictures in which realistic scenes with little contrast of colors are present. It is not recommended to use this format for compression of drawings and various kinds of graphics. A strong contrast between several near located pixels provokes the appearance of visible artifacts.|
|Technical details||🔵 The procedure for compressing the digital images in JPG format is carried out in several stages. First, the photo is transformed into a color space YCbCr, and then it is divided into squares to determine the upper range of the color spectrum. Finally, the colors and brightness are coded. JPEG uses a "lossy" compression system and discrete cosine transform technology. The format acts simultaneously as the standard of ISO and the International Telecommunication Union. The file compression ratio is in the range from 10:1 to 100:1. In this case, the reduction in image quality can vary from insignificant to substantial.|
|Developer||🔵 The JPEG Committee|
Tagged Image File Format
🔵 Microsoft Windows Photos (Windows)
🔵 Microsoft Windows Photo Viewer (Windows)
🔵 Apple Preview (Mac)
🔵 CorelDRAW Graphics Suite (Windows)
🔵 Adobe Photoshop (Windows & Mac)
🔵 Adobe Photoshop Elements (Windows & Mac)
🔵 Adobe Illustrator (Windows & Mac)
🔵 ACD Systems ACDSee (Windows)
🔵 MacPhun ColorStrokes (Mac)
🔵 Nuance PaperPort (Windows)
🔵 Nuance OmniPage Ultimate (Windows)
🔵 Roxio Toast (Mac)
|Description||🔵 Tiff is widely popular format for storing raster graphics and color images of high quality with a great depth of color (including graphics and photos) on a wide variety of computer platforms. It can save images in shades of gray. It is created by specialists from Aidus, which later became a part of Adobe Systems. It is used to scan and recognize text files. The extension correctly interacts with most applications that provide graphics. Tiff-files are the main format of ОС NeXSTEP, where the scan-line images of this extension were borrowed from Mac OS.|
|Technical details||🔵 Tiff-files can be stored in the formats of Intel or Motorola, which is determined by the first word - II and MM respectively. This is due to the peculiarities of these processors: Intel reads and writes numbers from right to left, Motorola in reverse order. The format is cross-platform and does not require specialized software. They are correctly displayed by popular graphic editors like Adobe Photoshop or CorelDRAW Graphics. Tiff-file can be presented in the form of tags that carry information about the image, or a single file executed using the LZW compression algorithm. Each named Tiff data area begins with the image header pointing to the image file in the directory storing the submitted images and information about them.|
|Developer||🔵 Aldus, Adobe Systems|